The birth of the twins Bao Di and Bao Mei
Everyone will undoubtedly remember this historic day! August 8, 2019, the day on which Hao Hao gave birth to two “pink shrimps” in the Chinese Garden of Pairi Daiza. These two adorable babies, Bao Mei and Bao Di, are the sister and brother of Tian Bao, who was born in Pairi Daiza on June 2, 2016.
The twins have already grown considerably! They have become large fluffy balls of fur that like to do mischief and thus provide many beautiful and endearing moments that our visitors can witness!
Pairi Daiza offers you the opportunity to celebrate their first birthday on Saturday 8 August 2020 with us. This can be done by making a birthday card or drawing or by donating a toy that will be offered to underprivileged children.
Win great prizes between August 6 and August 12!
Who says birthday, says presents! To celebrate the first birthday of Bao Di and Bao Mei, Pairi Daiza will offer some some presents to its visitors. Posters, a stay at the Pairi Daiza Resort, meals, Panda gift baskets and ... unique moments with our two adorable giant pandas!
- All visitors (in possession of a ticket or a reservation as a season pass holder) who visit us between August 6 and August 12, 2020 will receive a Panda poster at the entrance of the park. A beautiful recto-verso poster with a cute photo of Bao Di and Bao Mei on the front and a lot of information and games on the back to discover all the little secrets of the giant pandas ...
- Every day one lucky visitor who comes to Pairi Daiza (with day ticket or reservation as a season pass holder) wins a unique meeting (for 4 people) with Bao Di, Bao Mei and their keepers. This meeting will be organized at a later date during the 2020 season.
- Every day we also offer a meal for 4 people in one of the restaurants of Pairi Daiza. The winner, as well as 3 additional persons, will also receive free admission to Pairi Daiza on the day they will enjoy this meal.
- Every day we raffle a Panda gift basket, filled with products that are available in our shops. (Worth 100 euros).
- Finally, we offer a 2 day / 1 night stay at the Pairi Daiza Resort (for six people) in a Full Moon Lodge or a Native House, in the heart of The Last Frontier. During this stay, the winner (+ 5 people of their choice) can also enjoy a special meeting with the Panda twins and their keepers!
All winners are drawn from all people who came to visit Pairi Daiza with an online ticket or reservation (as a season pass holder). You must of course have been to Pairi Daiza to participate in this draw!
Donate your old toys to underprivileged children
Bao Di and Bao Mei (but also big brother Tian Bao, mom Hao Hao and dad Xing Hui), are asking you to bring your old toys to Pairi Daiza. Just think of all those toys that are never used and have been in the attic for years, or somewhere in the back of a closet ... Why not give these toys a second life and make children who do not have many toys intensely happy?
We only accept toys that are still in good condition, clean and complete (for hygiene reasons we do not accept stuffed animals and plush toys). Pairi Daiza will donate all the collected toys to organizations that are committed to helping the unprivileged children in our society. Thank you for your generosity.
You can donate your toys in Pairi Daiza from Wednesday, August 5, 2020 until Tuesday, August 11. This can be done in the wooden chalet of the Pairi Daiza Foundation, which is located next to the amphitheater (between the Nautilus and the dromedaries). The volunteers of the Foundation will be there to receive your toys. Donating toys without visiting Pairi Daiza? This can be done at the info point, at the entrance of the park.
A drawing or birthday card for Bao Di and Bao Mei
No birthday without a sweet card or beautiful drawing! To celebrate the birthday of our panda twins, we ask all children (... but also the elderly) to make a drawing or birthday card for Bao Di and Bao Mei. We have already published some coloring pages and sample greeting cards on our website. Feel free to download them. You can color and personalize these yourself with a sweet message. We also accept completely self-drawn artworks. Let your imagination run wild!
You can hand over your greeting cards and drawings from Wednesday, August 5, 2020 until Tuesday, August 11. Put them in the urn near the wooden chalet of the Pairi Daiza Foundation, which is located next to the amphitheater (between the Nautilus and the dromedaries). This urn is emptied every day and your messages are hung in the panda cave.Template for your own drawing
Mot de l'Ambassadeur de Chine
L'ambassadeur de la république populaire de Chine au Royaume de Belgique nous a adressé un message à l'occasion du premier anniversaire des jumeaux. Le voici :
"À Bao Di et Bao Mei, Joyeux anniversaire !
Ce 8 août, à l’occasion du premier anniversaire des bébés pandas jumeaux Bao Di et Bao Mei, je tiens à leur adresser mes chaleureux souhaits pour un joyeux anniversaire ! Ces deux merveilleux petits anges ont reçu, depuis leur naissance, beaucoup de soins et d’amour de la population belge et deviennent les vedettes du parc Pairi Daiza. Ce fruit de l’amitié sino-belge nous a apporté tant de joie et est très cher pour nos deux pays et nos deux peuples. Avec toute sincérité, je souhaite que les deux bébés pandas, en tant qu’ambassadeurs d’amitié entre la Chine et la Belgique comme leurs parents et leur frère, grandissent en bonne santé et mènent une vie heureuse ici en Belgique !
Ambassadeur de la République populaire de Chine au Royaume de Belgique"